Update on COVID-19
Due to public health concerns and following the guidance of Governor DeWine and the Ohio Department of Health, Amherst Public Library will be closed from Sunday, March 15 through Monday, April 6.
With the understanding that our users will not have the ability to return materials, we are waiving all new overdue fines beginning today, March 13. Existing balances are still valid, but no new fines will accrue until further notice.
Amherst Public Library has a variety of resources accessible from outside of the library, including downloadable books, movies, music, and magazines for all ages. Visit our eMedia page to connect to Hoopla, the Ohio Digital Library, Flipster Magazines, and Tumblebooks or visit our Information Databases page to connect to online learning and hobby resources through CreativeBug, Lynda.com, Transparent Languages, and more.
We encourage all patrons to follow the personal prevention protection methods used to prevent flu and other infectious diseases as recommended by the CDC:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air-dry hands.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.